February 24, 2011

Know Your Indian Train Reservation Berth Details Like Berth Position etc.

Hi everyone,

I booked my train ticket even it is in WaitingList. Because, I guessed that, It will get confirmed when chart prepares. After the chart preparation, my train ticket was confirmed with the berth number. They didn't put the information like, which berth it is? Is it Lower, Middle, Upper, SideLower or SideUpper.
I was curious to know the berth position. In the return journey, I thought like "why can't we know the berth position after having the berth number". And I just tried this logic in javascript because, you can give your train berth number and get the berth position in my blog itself.



Please enter your train berth number of Sleeper Class Or III Tier AC and click on the Disply Berth Position button.



I have created an Android application for this utility and its freely available in the market.
Android App supports from Android OS 2.1 Eclair and above.

You can download it from this link Train Berth Position Android App

Android app on Google Play
Train Berth Position Android App
If you have a android smartphone with QR reader then scan the below QR code to redirect you to Google Play and download the app with in no time.
Scan this QR to open app in Google Play
Please send your comments and feedback to psrdotcom@gmail.com

13 comments:

Revathi said...

Is it possible to know the berth positions of II Ac? Thanks

Suresh Raju Pilli said...

Since II AC is sometimes mixed with I AC compartment and sometimes separate compartment. So, we can't know where will be our berth.

Thy Desires said...

Hello,

Travelling today, i'll let you know if its accurate :)

by-the-way., wonderful script :) Power of Java Scripting ;)

Suresh Raju Pilli said...

@Sathya Narayanan: Does my logic worked?

Unknown said...

Hi.. nice work friend
can you send me that scripts to my mail id spamboxx010@gmail.com
because i am learning javascript. I have to study and work. will you please?

Unknown said...

let me check

Suresh Raju Pilli said...

@Gajanan Limkar: Please give your feedback afterwards.

Unknown said...

Hello Tnx Yaar It worked..
Fantastic Work...
Really tnx...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

simple logic of its is
(sit no)%8==0,side upper
==1,4;lower birth;
==7,side lower
==2,5-middle
==3,6-upper
so you can coding in any language by applying its simple logic

Suresh Raju Pilli said...

Gautham:
It's as simple as that ..

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Thank your for sharing. I have downloaded it with my java qr code reader. It's quite useful.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Featured Post

Java Introdcution

Please send your review and feedback to psrdotcom@gmail.com